Firefighters responded to a fire Wednesday morning at the home of former Morgan City Mayor Cedric LaFleur this morning at the corner of Franklin and Elm streets. Lafleur wasn't home when the fire started. A maid was cleaning the home at the time of the fire but escaped unharmed, witnesses said. The fire may have been caused by a generator, witnesses said. (The Daily Review/Zachary Fitzgerald)
The home of former Morgan City Mayor Cedric LaFleur caught fire Wednesday morning, but no there were no major injuries.