Small fire quickly put out in jail laundry room

A small fire at the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center just after noon Thursday in Centerville was quickly dealt with.

Sheriff Mark A. Hebert said the Centerville Volunteer Fire Department was called to a fire at the jail and found that a lint fire started in a dryer in the laundry room

It was quickly extinguished.

Sheriff Hebert said no inmates were in the area at the time and the fire department ran fans to removed smoke from the laundry room corridor.

Hebert said that working operations of the facility returned to normal after an hour or so.

St. Mary Now & Franklin Banner-Tribune

Franklin Banner-Tribune
P.O. Box 566, Franklin, LA 70538
Phone: 337-828-3706
Fax: 337-828-2874

Morgan City Daily Review
P.O. Box 948, Morgan City, LA 70381
Phone: 985-384-8370
Fax: 985-384-4255

Follow Us