Shed fire

Dark smoke billowed into the sky over Berwick as an electrical fire raged in a shed on Fifth Street at 2:50 p.m. Tuesday. Suspected to have originated from the circuit of an electrical outlet, the shed’s fire blazed onto both a neighboring house and trailer, according to Berwick Volunteer Fire Department Chief Allen “Noonie” Rink. Berwick police personnel stayed on site as the nearby streets filled with traffic and curious residents. The BVFD worked to manage the blaze and eventually put out the fire, but not before the shed’s roof collapsed from the damage. It is considered a total loss. Acadian Ambulance also was on the scene, though no injuries occurred.

St. Mary Now & Franklin Banner-Tribune

Franklin Banner-Tribune
P.O. Box 566, Franklin, LA 70538
Phone: 337-828-3706
Fax: 337-828-2874

Morgan City Daily Review
P.O. Box 948, Morgan City, LA 70381
Phone: 985-384-8370
Fax: 985-384-4255

Follow Us