Morgan City firefighters respond to 2 stove fires

MORGAN CITY, La. — Firefighters responded to two stove fires Tuesday, but there were no injuries and only minimal damage was sustained, according to Morgan City Fire Chief Morris Price.

Price said firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at 7:49 p.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of Front Street at a four-plex apartment.

There were no injuries in the fire, Price said. The first fire truck on the scene put out the fire, but four trucks showed up to the scene. A total of 18 on- and off-duty personnel and volunteers responded to the fire, Price said.

The cause of the fire was an unattended pot on the stove, Price said. A man left a pot on the stove and went out to smoke a cigarette and forgot he left it, Price said.

The only damage sustained was to the kitchen counter and stove top, Price said.

Firefighters also responded to a kitchen fire earlier Tuesday at a residence on Grace Street that stayed contained to a pot on the stove, Price said. There was no damage to the residence, he said.

St. Mary Now & Franklin Banner-Tribune

Franklin Banner-Tribune
P.O. Box 566, Franklin, LA 70538
Phone: 337-828-3706
Fax: 337-828-2874

Morgan City Daily Review
P.O. Box 948, Morgan City, LA 70381
Phone: 985-384-8370
Fax: 985-384-4255

Follow Us