Local

House fire in Morgan City

Firefighters received a call at 7:56 a.m. today reporting the smell of something burning at a residence in the 200 block of Barrow Street in Morgan City, substitute Fire Chief Mark Stephens said. Upon arrival, firefighters saw smoke coming from the exterior of the residence, and there was a light haze in the interior of the residence, he said. The homeowner stated that when the heater kicked on, smoke came from the vent so she turned the heater off, Stephens said. Upon investigation, firefighters discovered a board had fallen inside the heating unit and was , smoldered, Stephens said. Firefighters removed the heater and the smoldering board from the residence, he said. The damage was contained to the heating unit, Stephens said. No injuries were reported, Stephens said.
(The Daily Review Photo by Crystal Thielepape)

Firefighters received a call at 7:56 a.m. today reporting the smell of something burning at a residence in the 200 block of Barrow Street in Morgan City, substitute Fire Chief Mark Stephens said.

Retiring fire chief: Technology improved firefighting, fire prevention

Retiring Morgan City Fire Chief Morris Price stands by a pumper fire truck Tuesday at the fire station on Victor II Boulevard in Morgan City.
(The Daily Review Photo by Zachary Fitzgerald)

Friday was Fire Chief Morris Price’s last day on the job as a full-time firefighter, a job he has worked his entire adult life, during which time technology has greatly improved firefighters abilit

Pages

St. Mary Now & Franklin Banner-Tribune

Franklin Banner-Tribune
P.O. Box 566, Franklin, LA 70538
Phone: 337-828-3706
Fax: 337-828-2874

Morgan City Daily Review
P.O. Box 948, Morgan City, LA 70381
Phone: 985-384-8370
Fax: 985-384-4255

Follow Us