Two fires damage homes in Morgan City

By ZACHARY FITZGERALD zfitzgerald@daily-review.com

Two fires Wednesday night caused smoke and fire damage to two residences, but no one was injured, Fire Chief Morris Price said.
Firefighters responded to a fire in the 900 block of Cherry Street. Firefighters responded at 5:55 p.m. to a fire caused by unattended cooking appliances, Price said.
The owner of the home turned his oven and stove on to warm up, went to run some errands, and his house was on fire when he turned, Price said. The residence sustained smoke damage throughout, and fire damage to the kitchen, the chief said. No injuries were reported, Price said. Firefighters returned to the fire station at 7:33 p.m., Price said.
Another fire occurred at a duplex in the 600 block of Gen. MacArthur Street. Firefighters responded at 10:18 p.m. and were back at the station by 12:43 a.m., Price said.
The residence sustained smoke and fire damage throughout, he said. Firefighters believe the fire started in the bedroom and was “electrical in nature,” Price said. No one was home during the fire, and no injuries were reported, he said.

St. Mary Now & Franklin Banner-Tribune

Franklin Banner-Tribune
P.O. Box 566, Franklin, LA 70538
Phone: 337-828-3706
Fax: 337-828-2874

Morgan City Daily Review
P.O. Box 948, Morgan City, LA 70381
Phone: 985-384-8370
Fax: 985-384-4255

Follow Us