Apartment fire

A two-story apartment at 306½ Glenwood Street caught fire around 8:45 a.m. today after the tenant in the downstairs apartment left a pot of potpourri on the stove and went to visit the upstairs tenant, according to Assistant Chief Mark Stevens. Estimated damages of $10,000 occurred when the fire spread from the stove to the cabinets and further in the kitchen. No injuries to tenants or firefighters were reported. Three engines, one ladder truck and 18 personnel fought the blaze, and the last of them cleared the scene at 9:45 a.m., Stevens reported.

St. Mary Now & Franklin Banner-Tribune

Franklin Banner-Tribune
P.O. Box 566, Franklin, LA 70538
Phone: 337-828-3706
Fax: 337-828-2874

Morgan City Daily Review
P.O. Box 948, Morgan City, LA 70381
Phone: 985-384-8370
Fax: 985-384-4255

Follow Us